Be notified when a family doctor in the South Island region is accepting new patients.
***The South Island is a High Demand area. Please see below for details***
The South Island is defined as including everything south of the Malahat, including Saanich and the southern Gulf Islands. There are about 450 family physicians serving this area. Clinics and doctors are found throughout the region with the highest concentration being in the city of Victoria.
Towns and cities in this region include Central Saanich, Colwood, Esquimalt, Highlands Langford, Metchosin, North Saanich, Oak Bay, Saanich, Sidney, Sooke, Victoria and View Royal.
What comes with your South Island Priority Notification Service?
- An email alert will be sent to you when a family physician in the South Island region is reported accepting new patients. The email alert contains details about the physician/clinic, what was reported and a link to details about how to contact them.
- For only $4.99 monthly, put yourself and your family in the best position to find a family doctor. And you can cancel anytime.
***Additional Information for High Demand areas
High Demand areas are those areas where demand for family doctors is so high we cannot post when clinics are accepting family doctors on the public site. Doing so results in an overwhelming number of phone calls to the clinic. While large clinics might be able to handle the volume, in our experience most cannot and the high call volume takes staff away from doing their regular work and can even prevent existing patients from contacting the clinic.
To alleviate this problem and still help people find family doctors we do the following:
- We mark all clinics in the High Demand area as “Protected” and do not post their current accepting status. A clinic can request to have their status made public.
- We still send notifications to subscribers when these clinics are accepting new patients, but we do so slowly.
- We limit the number of subscriptions in each High Demand area to the number that can likely be filled within 6 months. Note there can be no guarantee that all subscribers can find a doctor within 6 months because we have no control over the number of openings.
South Island Priority Notification Service
Please fill out the form below including selecting the type of payment you prefer (Credit card or PayPal). When you click “Sign Up” you will be taken to a separate page to enter payment details.